Vegan pilaf (plov) with mushrooms
Pilaf (plov) is a popular Asian dish. Did you know, that it could be tasty and cheap alike? We cooked that hearty dish and reduced the dish price. Here is our ultimate step-by-step guide with video instructions.
However, if you’re not a big fan of mushrooms, but like rice, check our curried rice with tofu recipe.
Vegetable pilaf (plov) with mushrooms
Easy and tasty pilaf recipe.
Servings 4 portions
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup corn (canned)
- 1 cup pea (canned)
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 unit onion
- 1 unit garlic clove
- 1 unit carrot
- 1 bunch raisin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Chop the onion, carrot and mushrooms.
- Start frying onion and carrot: separate the frying pan in two parts and add your onion and carrot to the frying pan respectively.
- Fry them until you see a golden shell on the onion. Then add mushrooms.
- When water starts boiling away, mix the hearty dish and add the rice, then mix again. Add some water, so that the dish almost covered by the water.
- Let the water boiled away for a little bit without a frying cap. Add spices and raisin. Put the frying cap on the frying pan.
- Cook on the middle heat. When the water almost boiled away, add your pea and corn.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, so that the water boiled away.
Tried this recipe?Mention @vegansurvive or tag #vegansurvive!
Do you like us? Support us - buy our pretty clothes in our website.
Share your thoughts