Here is our ultimate guide for lentil cutlets. Lentil cutlets is a hearty and tasty main course. Lentils is not only a good garnish with high amount of protein, but also a good dish with combination with a carrot and breadcrumbs. Hmm… what if I’ll eat lentils with lentil cutlets… nevermind!
It’s easy to cook these cutlets, and it’s a great pleasure that they’ll stay in the same condition (look and taste) for a long time! It’s possible thanks to breadcrumbs and carrot.
All you need – a little time, $1.5 in your pocket and subscription to our YouTube channel (hell yeah!).
Here is our step by step guide with a video.
Lentil cutlets recipe
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 bunch cilantro (big)
- 1 unit carrot (small)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup flour
- 3 teaspoon spices (1 teaspoon each spice)
- 1/3 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 cup lentil boiling liquid (water)
- Boil a cup of lentils for about 30 minutes.
- Chop the veggies and greenery: carrot, onion and cilantro.
- Blend the mix: boiled lentils, veggies and cilantro. It's ready when it's half blended (a half of lentils should stay not blended).
- Put everything into a big cup/pan, add spices and soda, and mix it thoroughly.
- Add gradually flour and lentils liquid. Keep mixing.
- Once your mix is in a good condition, stop mixing and start create a sphere-like cutlets. Don't bother, if your cutlets are very sticky, it's a good sign.
- Pre-heat the frying pan and wrap your cutlets with breadcrumbs. Flat them on your plate with breadcrumbs and put in the frying pan.
- If you have unused breadcrumbs - put them on top of the cutlets in the frying pan.