Rice is a good garnish for a vegan fish recipe, on top of that, it absorb the taste of curry and coconut milk quite well. This recipe is great in terms of simplicity, quick cooking and spicy aftertaste.
Not only will you discover how to cook that curried rice, but also how to open a coconut in less, that 1 minute :). Speaking of which, we won’t use the coconut chips, we will use only a coconut milk – coconut chips will be used in our next recipe. Stay tuned, we’ll publish a new recipe in a few days! So, let’s take a look at the curried rice recipe.
Curried rice with coconut milk and tofu
- 1 cup rice
- 1 unit coconut
- 1 unit tofu
- 1 unit carrot
- 1 unit onion
- 2 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon hot black pepper
- Make a hole in a coconut (choose the bigger "eye") and get rid of a liquid.
- Use the blunt side of a knife and knock on the middle of the coconut, gradually rotating it. Less than a minute and the coconut will be separated into two parts.
- Clean the coconut parts from the brown peel and blend it.
- Cover coconut chips with hot water and let it chill for 30-40 minutes.
- Chop and fry onion and carrot.
- Cut tofu and fry put it on the frying pan as well.
- Strain the coconut milk and leave coconut chips (we'll use them in the next recipe).
- Wash the rice and add it to the frying pan. In addition to that, add the milk.
- Add curry, pepper and salt. Stew the dish about 15-20 minutes.