Today we’ll discover a fast and cheap vegan fish recipe. Cooking will take less than 20 minutes, and you’ll have 4 portions (at least, 8 fish pieces)! We recommend you to serve the “fish” with rice and teriyaki sauce.
The secret behind a fish taste is easy: tofu – the main ingredient, soaks up the taste of other ingredients. Having wrapped tofu in nori, tofu gets the nori taste and becomes more “fish-ish”. On top of that, dipping tofu into the batter makes tofu more golden. You can find full step-by-step recipe of vegan fish with video below.
- 2 sheet nori (big sheets, 1 sheet = 4 fish units)
- 1 unit tofu (not smoked)
- 200 ml soy sauce
- 1 glass flour
- 0.5 glass water
- 2 teaspoon curry, pepper
- Cut nori sheet to 4 parts.
- Cut tofu to the equal pieces (one tofu = 6-8 pieces).
- Soak tofu in soy sauce and spices for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the batter: add water to the flour and mix it until you get a batter without lumps. The batter should not be too liquid, otherwise it will drain away.
- Prepare the frying pan: add some oil and heat it. Set the frying temperature above average.
- Wet the nori piece (both sides) well, wrap the tofu piece, dip it in the batter and put it on the frying pan.