Cabbage rolls – European dish, made with cabbage leaves and stuffed with rice and soy mince (speaking of vegans). This recipe is suitable for you even if you’re not a big fan of cabbage. Today we want to share with you a cabbage rolls vegan recipe.
It’s easy to cook! If you want to taste something new and improve your vegan dishes list, check our step-by-step guide and watch the video below.
- 4 unit cabbage rolls (big)
- 1 cup rice
- 100 g soy mince
- 1 unit carrot (little)
- 0.5 unit onion
- 3 teaspoon spices (salt, pepper, sugar) (for stuffing)
- Add hot water to the soy mince.
- Wash the cabbage and prepare clean and big leaves. They should be big enough and intact.
- Chop the onion and carrot.
- Boil rice.
- Fry onion and carrot. They should become golden.
- Boil cabbage leaves (about 5-10 min).
- Remove water from cabbage leaves and let them chill.
- Remove water from soy mince and mix it with onion, carrot and spices.
- Take a cabbage leaf and remove the solid corner (check the video). Add stuffing to the leaf and roll it (need some practice).
- Put the cabbage roll to sugar (cover both sides) and fry the first side. Once the first side cooked, flip it to the second side and add some water. At most, cabbage rolls should be half-covered.