Here is a quick recipe for cooking your cabbage soup (or shchi). All you need is a plenty of greenery and some vegetables. Ready for a hearty meal? Here is a step-by-step recipe with a video instruction!
Hearty vegan shchi (cabbage soup)
Vegan shchi with cabbage, red beans and fresh greenery - that's what you can cook quick and spend not that a lot of money!
Servings 5 people
- 1/3 unit cabbage (tiny)
- 1 cup red beans
- 1 unit red pepper
- 2 unit tomato
- 1/2 unit carrot
- 1/2 unit onion
- 2 unit potato
- 1 bunch dill
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 teaspoon hot spices
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon mixed spices and salt
- 1 teaspoon basil
- Chop potatoes, cabbage, onion and carrot.
- Cut each tomato in two parts and grate the soft part of each half. You need to make a tomato-pure.
- Add plenty of oil to preheated frying pan.
- Boil some water and add potato into the pan.
- Prepare the hearty dish, while potatoes are boiling. Separate the frying pan in two parts and add your onion and carrot to the frying pan respectively.
- Fry them until you see a golden shell on the onion. Once you see that, add the red pepper and stew that for about 3 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and mix the ingredients.
- Fry until the water from the frying pan boiled away.
- While the water is boiling away, add the cabbage into the pan.
- Add all spices and mix.
- Once the water boiled away from the frying pan, mix and move the hearty dish into the pan.
- Add the greenery and mix.
- Add the red beans and close the lid for 10 minutes.
If you want to make your dish more creamy, you can crush up potatoes, when they're cooked, but before you add a hearty fried dish into the pan.
Do you like us? Support us - buy our pretty clothes in our website.