That way really hard to create the cheapest lasagna recipe, but we did it! Here is our vegan lasagne recipe. We separated the recipe into 2 parts – stuffing preparation and bechamel sauce recipe. All ingredients, that we used, you can find in your local grocery store. Not a vegan/specialized shop! That sounds pretty cool, since all other vegan chefs recommend to add vegan-cheese, vegan-all to make your vegan-lasagna like lasagna. Enough! Just check the recipe, it’s easy, tasty and cheap alike!
BTW, that’s a photo before baking the lasagna.
Looks great! Almost “cheese” on the top. So, let’s take a look on the full recipe and video instructions.
Ingredients for vegan lasagna filling
- 3-4 unit lasagna sheets
- 1 cup soy mince
- 1 unit eggplant (200 g)
- 1 unit squash (350 g)
- 4 unit сelery (leaves/stalks)
- 1 unit red onion
- 1 unit garlic clove
- 1 unit chopped tomatoes (400 g)
- 4 tablespoon tomato paste (100 g)
- 2 teaspoon khmeli-suneli (just a hot spices)
- 2 teaspoon herbs mix
- 2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
Ingredients for vegan bechamel sauce
- 0.5 l oat milk (it's necessarily to use oat milk)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry
- Wash and clean all vegetables.
- Chop vegges: onion, garlic, celery, eggplant and squash.
- Add some oil in the hot pot (not a frying pan!) and add chopped onion, garlic and celery. Add a half of the spices. Don't cook until the golden onion - it's not necessarily.
- Add eggplant, squash, cover the pot and wait for 7 minutes.
- Mix the stuff. Add chopped tomatoes, dry (!) soy mince, tomato paste. Add a little cup of water, if needed.
- Add the rest of the spices, mix again and cover the pot. Let it cook for 20 minutes on a low heat.
- While stuffing is cooking, add olive oil in the frying pan.
- Add flour and mix it with a whisk.
- Add oat milk and mix it again. Use whish to get rid of lumps.
- You can use blender to mix the ingredients, if you want.
- Boil the water from the mix with medium heat and always keep whisking. It will take almost 15-20 minutes.
Lasagna layers preparation
- We use the next layer hierarchy: lasagna stuffing, bechamel sauce, lasagna sheet.
- Create the layers.
- Put the lasagna in the preheated oven to 200 degrees.
- Bake your dish for 30-40 minutes, until the tasty crust.