Here is our easy step-by-step recipe of Cheburek. Cheburek is a famous Caucasian dish, that usually served hot. Stuffing is variable – we chose pumpkin and potatoes. It takes about 5 to 8 minutes to fry several portions of cheburek, so if you already have cooked stuffing, you can cook that dish everyday!
- 5 unit tortilla/lavash
- 3 unit potato
- 1 unit pumpkin
- 1 bunch dill
- 1/2 unit vegan cheese (опционально)
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 1,5 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanillin
- Chop stuffings: potatoes and the pumpkin
- Boil potatoes in water, add salt.
- Put the chopped pumpkin to the frying pan, add sugar, add some water, so that pumpkin immersed in a half and let it boil for about 7 minutes. Boil until water boiled away.
- Add oat milk to the mashed potatoes.
- Puree the pumpkin and add vanillin.
- Put the tortilla to the flat surface, and wet the tortilla edges with oat milk or water. You have to moisten them quite good in order to make them sticky.
- Put the stuffing to the half of the tortilla: mashed potatoes, dill and vegan cheese.
- "Zip" tortilla - press the edges firmly, help yourself with a fork. Moisten edges if necessarily.
- Repeat the same procedure for the pumpkin puree.
- Heat the pan with oil: add enough oil, but not too much - tortillas shouldn't float in oil. Put tortillas to the pan.
- Carefully watch the frying process - tortillas get fried really quickly. It takes about 2 minutes to fry the single side of a tortilla.
- Watch out! Cheburek is really hot inside, even if the "nutshell" is not that hot. We recommend to slit the dish before serving.